HOLY TRINITY CATHEDRAL
Bogyoke Aung San Road (next to Bogyoke Aung San Market), Latha Township
Holy Trinity Cathedral is the primary Anglican cathedral in Myanmar (Burma), located in Yangon.
The cathedral was designed by Robert Chisholm, a Madras-based architect, in the Indo-Saracenic style to adapt to warm and humid conditions. Construction began in 1886, with the laying of the foundation stone by Lord Dufferin, the Viceroy of India, and was completed in 1894.
The pipe organ was destroyed during the Second World War and could not be restored so an electric substitute organ was installed.
The stained glass windows were repaired in 2003.
The cathedral is listed on the Yangon City Heritage List. The cathedral is located next to a formerly associated missionary school, Basic Education High School No. 2 Pabedan (formerly Saint Mary's School). The cathedral has historically strong connections with the British military regiments who were in occupation during the period of the British Empire. There are several wall tabletures in memoriam of the deaths of many young members of the military although the well kept surrounding gardens do not contain any burials..
Specification of the organ is unknown.
Information reveived from Myanmar Travel Guide